Welcome to Swage Talks, Swagelok Central Ontario | Atlantic Canada's New Blog
Andrew Wright, P.Eng., MBA, Regional Field Engineer
August 13, 2020
Industry today is under a lot of stress. Whether you are a research scientist, process engineer, or an instrumentation technologist, we all know the pressure of dealing with costly downtime, smaller budgets, and growing safety requirements.
At Swagelok Central Ontario | Atlantic Canada (SCOAC) our fluid systems experts are here to help. For over 50 years we have supported businesses in the region to troubleshoot and solve complex problems for a wide variety of fluids: hazardous, non-hazardous, gas, liquid, slurry, you name it.
Have you ever asked yourself questions like these?
- Why is my fluid system not achieving the flow rate or pressure control results I expected?
- What is a CRN and why do I need it in Canada?
- What about corrosion? Have you ever seen it on stainless steel and thought "wasn't this supposed to be stainless"?
Do you know where to find the right answers?
We receive calls like these every day. SCOAC's technical specialists, many of whom are registered professional engineers, are trained to help answer your questions and solve your application issues.
The purpose of this blog is to share local fluid system knowledge and solutions to help you with the applications you might see in the field. Our posts will focus on three main topics:
1. Local Support: You will learn a little more about us, our engineers and how we support businesses in the field.
2. Application Solutions: These posts will focus on solutions to common and nagging application issues, including (but not limited to):
- Mechanical Seal Support Systems – When your rotating equipment fails, it's often because your seals fail. Here we will dive into configurable plans that will help you increase uptime and reduce leakage.
- Grab Sample and Analytical Systems - Taking safe samples from process lines can be surprisingly complicated. We can help with advice on various methods for safe, efficient sample capture.
- YOUR Application Questions - We encourage you to ask a question and/or suggest a blog post topic.
3. Fluid System Products & Services: We will dive deeper into technical considerations which help you optimize system performance.
You may also want to attend our Free Tech Talk Webinars related to fluid system products and solutions.
We look forward to sharing more knowledge with you. To stay up to date on our latest posts, please subscribe at the link below.